Ultrasound is a minimally invasive technology that gives us a great deal of information quickly and safely without the need for surgery. It often helps us diagnose problems your dog or cat has and often prevents the need for exploratory surgery do make a diagnosis.
At Sunnycrest Animal Care Center, we recommend ultrasound when we have:
- unexplained abnormal laboratory tests
- unresolved health issues
- distended or fluid filled abdomens
- heart murmurs or enlarged hearts seen on X-rays
- exercise intolerance or weakness
- enlarged abdominal organs
- fluid in the chest cavity
- difficult or painful urination
- chronic vomiting or diarrhea
- unexplained weight loss, poor appetite or refusal to eat
- vaginal discharge
- abdominal discomfort
Dr. Mark Kopit our visiting ultrasound doctor has over 20 years of experience doing ultrasound and other specialized procedures. We are fortunate to have his expertise in our hospital for ultrasound examinations and internal medicine consultations.