Internal medicine for pets focuses on preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases that affect internal organs. Many of these diseases involve more than one body system. Veterinarians must be familiar with all the organ systems and how they interrelate.
Understanding the different systems involved in veterinary internal medicine is essential, The doctors and staff at Sunnycrest Animal Care Center diagnose and treat many dog, cat, rabbit, and guinea pig medical conditions.
Frequently treated conditions include:
- Metabolic diseases, such as pancreatitis
- Infectious diseases, such as pneumonia and tick borne diseases
- Endocrine disease, such as diabetes and Cushing’s disease
- Blood diseases, such as immune mediated hemolytic anemia (IMHA)
- Gastrointestinal disease, such as inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, constipation, etc.
- Liver disease, such as fatty liver disease, hepatitis, and gall bladder problems
- Kidney disease, such as acute or chronic renal failure
- Lower urinary diseases, such as urinary incontinence and urinary tract infection
- Respiratory disorders, such as bronchitis
- Degenerative Joint Disease (Arthritis)